New and revised art is provided throughout the book.
• New Pros & Cons boxes throughout text examine the two
sides of a patient care topic and provide references for further
• Updated references highlight the evidence-based practice
approach used in the book.
• Terminology and key words have been updated to refl ect modern
• Each chapter has been revised to emulate current practice and
knowledge, specifi cally:
• New images showing the color-coded hoses for anesthesia
gas machines, outlets for anesthetic connections, and electrical
receptacles. ( Chapter 10 )
• New tables on absorbable sutures, nonabsorbable sutures,
and barbed sutures were created for a quick reference on
these suture types. A new image was added showing generic
suture packet information. ( Chapter 28 )
• New photographs showing diff erent craniofacial abnormalities
of children. ( Chapter 41 )
This new edition of this classic perioperative text has addressed
changing roles, needs, and evolving technologies while
maintaining the fundamental focus that still remains valid―the
care of the surgical patient. Th is edition of the text identifi es the
knowledge and skill needs of the caregiver and strives to incorporate
components of patient care from preoperative, intraoperative,
and postoperative practice areas. A systems approach is introduced
to help organize patient care to minimize the risk for human error.
There are no reviews yet.