Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Thirteenth Edition represents the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology. Goodman & Gilman’s careful balance of basic science and clinical application has guided thousands of practitioners and students to a clear understanding of the drugs essential to preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease.
The Thirteenth Edition includes more than 500 color illustrations, with many new figures emphasizing mechanisms of drug action. More than 30 new contributors have added to this edition, while the focus on basic principles is undiminished.
This edition is enhanced by timely new content:
- NEW chapters including Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Immunity and Inflammation, Immunoglobulins and Vaccines, and Treatment of Viral Hepatitis
- Expanded coverage of cardiovascular disease, with separate chapters on myocardial ischemia, hypertension, and heart failure
- Increased emphasis on cellular signaling pathways involved in drug action
- Summary tables at the end of each chapter that organize drugs discussed in that chapter into relevant categories and detail therapeutic usage, clinical pharmacology, and tips
- Chapter Content Outlines at the beginning of each chapter
- Abbreviation boxes in every chapter to easily identify the abbreviations appearing in that chapter