Contemporary psychiatry in Africa : a review of theory, practice and research
1 in stockCompare
Praised for its comprehensive coverage and clear organization, Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 7th Edition is the go-to critical care nursing text for both practicing nurses and nursing students preparing for clinicals. Nine sections highlight the alterations seen in critical care and make it easy to understand the unique challenges of critical care nursing. An abundance of learning tools such as Patient Safety Alerts, Evidence-Based Practice boxes, NIC interventions, case studies, Pharmacologic Management boxes, and more give you a better understanding of clinical practice and help you reference vital information quickly and easily.
Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Thirteenth Edition represents the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology. Goodman & Gilman’s careful balance of basic science and clinical application has guided thousands of practitioners and students to a clear understanding of the drugs essential to preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease.
The Thirteenth Edition includes more than 500 color illustrations, with many new figures emphasizing mechanisms of drug action. More than 30 new contributors have added to this edition, while the focus on basic principles is undiminished.
This edition is enhanced by timely new content:
- NEW chapters including Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Immunity and Inflammation, Immunoglobulins and Vaccines, and Treatment of Viral Hepatitis
- Expanded coverage of cardiovascular disease, with separate chapters on myocardial ischemia, hypertension, and heart failure
- Increased emphasis on cellular signaling pathways involved in drug action
- Summary tables at the end of each chapter that organize drugs discussed in that chapter into relevant categories and detail therapeutic usage, clinical pharmacology, and tips
- Chapter Content Outlines at the beginning of each chapter
- Abbreviation boxes in every chapter to easily identify the abbreviations appearing in that chapter
This new edition of this classic perioperative text has addressed
changing roles, needs, and evolving technologies while
maintaining the fundamental focus that still remains valid―the
care of the surgical patient. Th is edition of the text identifi es the
knowledge and skill needs of the caregiver and strives to incorporate
components of patient care from preoperative, intraoperative,
and postoperative practice areas. A systems approach is introduced
to help organize patient care to minimize the risk for human error.
Increased global travel has changed the way we think about disease distribution. Diseases once considered of localised interest can be disseminated more readily than ever due to the increased speed of international travel. This is your perfect visual guide to diagnosing these diseases. The Sixth Edition of this internationally acclaimed atlas is the most comprehensive ever, with extensively revised text and more than 1200 stunning images.
- See the latest on such infections as the H5N1 strain of avian flu and West Nile Virus.
- Catch up with expanded coverage of the continuing of HIV/AIDS and related infections.
- Find information quicker and more easily with a new consistent chapter organisation.
- Get even more comprehensive visual coverage with hundreds of new, full-colour images.
- Use all of the book’s 1200+ images to illustrate your PowerPoint presentations with the enclosed bonus CD-ROM.